Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Gittin' 'Er Done in Jinan

We've been doing a lot of getting in and out of vans and riding around cities to various places. I'm becoming sort of a conisseur. We've ridden in giant Toyota vans (same size/shape as a Dodge/Merc Sprinter), a buick minivan, and a very Communist van which I don't know the make of but which had curtains on the windows and no leg room. Doug and I were also treated to a terrifying Taxi ride through Jinan. But, my absolute favorite of the vans has been the Ford Transit. The seats are nicely contoured and soft enough to sink back into after a long wait in a governmental office.

All of the in and out of vans was necessary in Jinan, in particular, because our time there was expedited. Doug and Jill had to go all over town to do all of the things that international adoption requires - which consists of piles of documents and signing lots of papers. Here are some pics of the official signing "ceremony" (it was across multiple locations, actually) in Shandong province:








Sawyer did great throughout the process - especially when bribed with food. Food is his happy place. Speaking of edible happy places, we found one for Jill too: Pizza hut. Here're Jill, Doug, Sawyer Xinyu, and Kevin Costner waiting for their pizza.


Job done in Jinan, we headed out the next morning for Nanchang to meet Jax. Below is a picture of Jill and Doug at the airport in Jinan with our fabulous guide, Missy. This one was taken right before my comrade at the security desk decided that the fact my middle name was cut off on my ticket meant I needed to go back and have the guy at the ticket counter write in the letters in pen and then stamp it. Don't worry, though - I made it through before the flight (I knew you were worrying).


On to Nanchang and Jiangxi province!

No comments:

Post a Comment