Monday, March 14, 2011

a BIG God!

Time to fill everyone in on quite a week! From the previous posts, you all know that our hearts have been on a roller coaster the last several days. Moments of complete peace and assurance in a BIG God, followed by moments of heartache and confusion fearing a derailed dream. Doug and I poured ourselves into government websites, blog postings, adoption forums, any bit of information that was said regarding Ethiopian adoptions we read. I worked late, not minding the distraction.

But the Lord's timing is perfect. Friday, my sisters, my mom and I left for a girls weekend at a Beth Moore conference in Tacoma. (And if you don't know who I'm talking about, or have never heard her speak, you are missing out big time!!) Everytime we go to a conference of her's, I vow to quite my job and simply follow her around the country :) I was hoping to hear clearly from the Lord about our adoption and was hoping for "a sign". Not a small inkling, but the sky writing type of sign that you can't miss even if you wanted to. I felt unworthy of asking for such a large request, but my heart needed it.

So as we were walking into the Tacoma dome, I look up and recognize the secretary at our agency's office walking towards me! We hug and she tells me that everyone from the office is there at the conference too. I was excited to look for them but in a sea of 6300 women, I knew the odds were not on my side. We get our seats, settle in and my sister and I decide to wander and kill time. As we go back to our seats, we realize my mom and sister have moved us up a few rows (Sweet! The closer I can be to Beth Moore the better). As I place my purse and coat on my chair, I look up and lock eyes with..........our social worker AND office administrator, soon followed by the agency director!! Sky writing! Having these women of God standing behind me, literally and figuratively, praising Jesus together gave me biggest helping of peace I had experienced in days. My sky writing was confirmed by my mom and sisters who were blown away by this "coincidence" as they met these ladies for the first time. I got to spend the rest of Friday and Saturday worshiping a BIG God who loves me enough to unburden my heart with hope and exchange my sorrow for joy.

Onward we go, with perservearance and faith in the God who authored our adoption story from beginning to end. What He has began, He will surely complete! We are hoping to receive our home study report next week and we can send the next round of paperwork off. One more step completed!

Thank you everyone for your prayers and encouragement! He hears them and is working! We are so thankful for each of you!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! We serve a BIG GOD and work with wonderful women who serve Him along side us. Rejoicing and praying with you as you press on.
    :)Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, i'm so glad i got to be there when you got that precious homestudy right in your hands! so glad to have met you, and we will be praying for continued peace on this journey God has called you to.

    ReplyDelete