Saturday, April 9, 2011

One for the Books!

April 9, 2011 is now marked in the Hicks history as the day we sent our I600A to the office of immigration! It may not sound like a red carpet event to some, but this is one of the BIG to-dos we get to cross off the adoption checklist bringing us closer and closer to our kiddos!! What a day! One for the books!

Doug carried the papers to UPS and, under strict instructions, marked the event with a snapshot or two. The gal at the UPS counter even gave us the corporate discount when she learned it was adoption paperwork! Gotta love our God :)

Last night after work I left Seattle and drove south to the Adoption Ministry House in Puyallup for an evening of fellowship with Moms of adopted Ethiopian children. What an absolute delight! All the staff were there along with about 15 moms from the area and we spent three hours encouraging eachother, eating delicious treats, receiving wise council, and sharing pictures of absolutley precious kiddos. Can't wait for another night like this! To think that one day I will get to show off my family photo bearing the resemblence of our heavenly kingdom on earth is nothing short of a miracle! Although, the best part of the night was walking out of the office with our completed homestudy. There are absolutely no words to describe my excitement level as Teri, the Adoption Ministry secretary, placed the folder in my hands. I think the word is giddy :) I was so worried about something happening to the papers as I drove the long trek home to Bothell, I even thought about somehow strapping them down in the passenger seatbelt.

Now what, you ask? Well, we hurry up and wait some more :) Immigration will send us an appointment for a second set of fingerprints and then we wait for the official seal of approval from our government that we are cleared to adopt. We're hopin and prayin for May.... Only the good Lord knows!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have made the trip, but we are in Massachussetts. I feel so blessed to have Ywam/CHI as our agency, too. What other agency does this?!
    Congratulations on submitting. You are that much closer to holding your little one! We just got HS approved so are waiting on the hard copy to submit to CIS. Who knows, maybe we will be part of the same travel group:) We will be praying for you.
    Blessings, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!! It was great to meet you, even briefly at that meeting! It was such a fun night!

    ReplyDelete