Friday, July 8, 2011

It's A Girl!!

We received our official referral for our lovie last night!! Ohhhhh, new pictures with those huge brown eyes and soft curls...melts our hearts completely. Doug and I quickly signed and faxed the acceptance back to our agency and today we will notarize more documents and head to Fedex once again!

More exciting, is that there's a YWAM missionary team headed to Ethiopia in a few short weeks and our agency is letting us send a small care package to our lovie! They will place our picture above her crib also which I don't mind saying makes me tear up as I type :)

Thank you everyone for your prayers and encouragement. I want to ask you all a favor as we continue to wait for our lovie's homecoming. Will you please pray for our daughters first mom? A young woman we have never met but I feel the strongest connection to. As we prepare a nursery and pick out a stroller, this sweet girl is still feeling the aching loss of her only daughter. She is soon to find out that her beautiful baby girl has been matched to an American couple across the globe. She will be asked to appear at court once more reliving the pain of relinquishing her precious baby. As my days are filled with anxious excitement, I am humbled by a young girls choice to risk shame and abandonment to bravely give life, a demonstration of the greatest sacrificial love.

We are praying we get to meet this brave young woman, to be able to give this gift to our lovie someday. We continue to pray for the Lords will and obedient spirits while we wait for a court date. Can't wait for the day when you will all get to see her beautiful face!

4 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you! Bring pictures tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and for birth mom and for lovie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do I have to miss THIS MONTH'S YWAM meeting? Argh! And we'll be newly home with baby girl next month, so I will likely miss that one as well. :( Keep coming, k? I want to hear more!

    Oh, and since this post isn't actually about ME- congrats mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! So excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete