Tuesday, July 19, 2011

8 Months and More News!

Our lovie turned 8mths old on Saturday! Though that is one more month I long to be with her, I am resolving to look at each milestone as one month closer to having her home in my arms. I know, semantics right? But if I only look back at what I'm missing and choose not to look forward to her homecoming (that is rapidly approaching mind you) I risk missing out on the abundant grace of our God and the miracle of his detailed design over this adoption. I want to be present in the here and now. I want to be watching, waiting, expecting and reveling in the Father's leading, knowing He loves and adores our lovie more than Doug or I can ever begin to imagine.

Well...the day before little miss turned 8mths old, we got a phone call from our case worker letting us know were were submitted to court!! Yay!! I can picture all of your puzzled stares and half smiles as I type this so let me explain :) I've mentioned before that the Ethiopian courts close for the rainy season from Aug till late Sep. Knowing we would not get a court appt date for before this closure, we were praying to at least be submitted into the court system before it shut down. This is essentially like being given a number in a lineup. Once we have a spot in line, we can wait to get to the front and then be assigned a court date. All that to say, we officially have a spot in the line-up! And we were also surprised/delighted to learn that its most likely the line will move fast enough in the next three weeks before closure that we will be assigned a court date before the shut down! This is incredible news! I am hoping like I've never hoped before!

I have to take a moment to be honest and real with you readers. The temptation to live in the land of "if only" is always present. "If only we had started the process three weeks earlier...", "If only court didn't close the first week in Aug..." I am keenly aware of the opportunity to place my trust in the Lord minute by minute, even moment by moment. I triumphantly proclaim, "I give you the timeline Lord, You have chosen the date and time of her homecoming," only to complain to Doug "I wish we had applied 3weeks sooner, then we would be meeting her in a couple weeks..." Those are natural thoughts you console me. But we are commanded to not be content in the natural. We are not to be run by fleshly thoughts and desires. Ours is a higher calling. To live in Christ's power, sovereignty and grace. To daily offer up our worries, fears, wants, and our WILLS at the foot of the cross.

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:7

3 comments:

  1. Amen. can't wait to see where and with whom this journey takes us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I pray you hear news of your court date soon, but I am so thankful for the good news you've just received.

    You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the line with you and praying we have a date before they close!!!!

    ReplyDelete