Monday, August 12, 2013

a SISTER for Hana!!!

We are still in a bit of shock over at the Hicks house! We have officially accepted the referral of a beautiful baby girl! Her name will be Ruth; companion, friend, compassionate. Don't ya just LOVE it :) To say that we are over the moon is a complete and total understatement!!

Confession: I worried when we started this process again that I would struggle longing for number two the same way I did for our Hana girl. I think it equals the how can I love the second child as much as the first feeling I have heard from many 2nd time mommas. Praise the Lord, nothing could be further from the truth. The ache is all too familiar as I stare at her little face and grieve these moments that are passing without me in them. I feel like I have stepped over the line from "got-it-together-organized-adoptive-momma" to "warning-may-burst-into-tears-at-any-moment-and-dont-ask-me-to-explain-why-momma". I know that many share this sentiment.

We are in a time crunch as the courts in Ethiopia are about to close for the rainy season. We have just days to be submitted to court so that we can hopefully travel to meet our little one for the first time in Oct/Nov. If we miss this mark, it could mean many many more months... It is with that angst that I place my trust in my Heavenly Father who knew my Hana before we ever saw her face and likewise knows our Ruthie and the perfect time for her homecoming. He has moved mountains so far considering we started this adoption in March! We are in awe of His sovereignty and design over our lives.

In other exciting news we have sold nearly half of our puzzle pieces!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for those that have blessed us financially!! There are still about 250 pieces left if you are looking to by any. They are $10 each and when you email me at jryanhicks@gmail.com and tell me how many pieces you have purchased, we will write your name on the back of the pieces forever remembering the generosity that helped bring Ruthie home!!  Reminder, you can pay via paypal to the right of this blog, give us the funds directly, OR you can make a tax deductible donation by sending the money to YWAM Adoption Ministry PO Box 512 Puyallup, WA 98371.  Make sure NOT to put our names on the check but instead send a small note saying it is going to the Hicks adoption fund.

 I am in full on "nesting" mode and have gone through all of Hanas old clothes, rearranged furniture and ordered new name signs for the girl's room. (Just loooove saying the girl's room!) Should hopefully find out in the next few days if we made the deadline!! Prayers appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment