As I type this I am staring at 6 Suitcases packed to the brim!! It's really happening! We board a plane in 3.5 hours to finally meet our baby girl!! Aughhhhhhh!!
So many emotions, literally changing every moment. We have been so blessed by friends, family and co-workers as we were able to fill 4 bags full of infant formula to bless YWAM's Widow and Orphan homes!! Can not wait to share those moments of unzipping these suitcases with everyone who has contributed!
Here is a breakdown of our time in Ethiopia. We covet your prayers for safety and protection, for an abundance of faith in His plan, a sweet meeting with our girl and her birth mom, and open eyes and hearts to ALL our Lord has planned for us to see and experience.
Oct 24-25th - Travel to Addis
Oct 26-27th - Time in Addis (sightseeing, visiting, shopping)
Oct 28th - Travel out west 10hrs to Nekemt (Only 2hrs from our girl!!)
Oct 29th - Travel 2hrs to Gimbi and...MEET OUR GIRL!! Travel back to Nekemt with our baby!
Oct 30th - Travel 10hrs back to Addis with our girl taking her to her home where she will remain until we come back for her the second trip.
Oct 31st - Travel 2hrs to Adama and visit YWAM's biggest Widow and Orphan home where we get to love on some incredible women and kiddos!
Nov 1st - Court Day!! We will stand before a judge and our prayer is that all paperwork is in order for our babe to become a Hicks at this very moment! We will fly out this evening and arrive back in Seattle on Nov 2nd!
And then the countdown begins to get her embassy clearance to bring her home!! I honestly have no idea how to end this post... I am a mess of excitement and nervousness. My stomach is doing flip flops and my tears are barely being held back. We truly know that all of you reading and many more that aren't have been used by God to bring us to this day. It is an overwhelming, glorious, miraculous work of God. Thank you for being willing to be used (whether you knew it or not) for His kingdom work. We love you all so dearly!
As my baby doll would say, "Holy Moly Smokes!" I had no idea you were this close! So happy for you! And I will for sure be praying for you. Your court date is on my daughter's birthday!
ReplyDeleteYou're on your way and in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteSee you Monday!
ReplyDeletePraying for you! I can't even describe to you the feeling of finally holding your baby, but it is a moment unlike any other in your life. Glory to God!!
ReplyDeleteLaurinda